A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Out Damn Pox, Out I Say....

It would seem that Chicken Pox has descended upon the Madhouse this week. The Teen is absolutely, positively miserable right now. I feel for him. 

I didn't notice the spots until really late Tuesday night. Being that The Teen has asthma and it kicks up when he is sick I wasn't taking any chances so off to emergency we went (at the direction of the TeleHealth nurse, of course) 

We were there all night, in isolation seeing as they weren't sure what it was when we were triaged. After about five hours we finally saw a doctor who promptly looked him over and declared "It's not Chicken Pox, he probably just ate something new or came into contact with something and is having an allergic reaction". Blood work was done as well as swabs and off to home we went. 

I headed off to work after dropping The Teen off at home and honestly could have tried out for an extra on The Walking Dead. Felt like it too, but made it through the day. 

Got home to discover the rash had gotten worse. I was still convinced it was Chicken Pox even though the doctor had said it wasn't. Gave him some allergy meds and his antibotics and he headed off to bed after a very large bowl of chicken noodle soup (pretty much the only thing he will eat when he isn't feeling well) 

Woke up this morning and came downstairs to find him sitting on the couch looking absolutely miserable. You could seriously play connect the dots all over his body. I refrained, of course, would have been bad form and I am sure he would be less than amused. 

So I called our family doctor and was told she was booked solid for the day and was like "F*&K". I really wanted to get his checked. This momma bear doesn't like to see her cub not feeling well. The receptionist said the Doctor wasn't in yet, but would call back when she did come in and she had a chance to talk to her about it. 

I was so grateful to get a call saying that the doctor wanted him in and checked ASAP. So off to the doctor we went and within five seconds of walking in the room she declared it to definitely be Chicken Pox and was none too impressed to find out the hospital had passed it off as nothing more than an allergic reaction. 

Seems he could have had less of an outbreak had the hospital given him anti-viral meds when we took him in, instead of him now having a worse outbreak and miserable now. The teen was unimpressed, as was I. I get that hospitals can get crazy busy and the staff are often overworked but this isn't the first time we have gone in and been sent home only to have his condition worsen and him end up in the hospital when they could have done preventative measures to keep him from getting worse. 

I love my family doctor, she is amazing. She made room for him even though she was booked solid. She gave me the run down on what to do to alleviate some of his discomfort. Told me to what to look for, and when to call her back. Like I said she is amazing and we are so blessed to have her. 

The Teen is of course not too impressed with being told he has the Chicken Pox and can't really do anything but wait it out. All I keep hearing from him is how much it "SUCKS". I am praying for a speedy recovery for him. 

I have been doing a lot of disinfecting and taking immune boosting stuffs. Just a waiting game now till the healing begins.

So Out Damn Pox, Out I Say!

<3 Arawynn <3

No comments:

Post a Comment